The Nebraska Action Coalition (NAC) is a finalist for the State Implementation Program (SIP) grant through RWJF! We were interviewed on 11/6 and will be submitting an addendum with more highly defined strategies to move education and leadership forward in Nebraska based on evidence. The grant funds will help sustain the NAC over the next 2 years to carry out our education, practice and leadership initiatives. We will be notified in mid January. The Exec Committee created our vision statement at our fall retreat meeting in October: Transforming leadership. Best practices. Quality healthcare.
We have developed a cool pocket guide with the NAC vision, mission, elevator speech, talking points, contact info, scan code, and FB and Twitter info. Should be sending out in December.
As part of the Nebraska Action Coalition – Future of Nursing’s initiative we want Nebraska nurses to see themselves as leaders from the bedside to the boardroom. Below are opportunities to help you on your journey:
- NAC’s Leadership Module on link at left
- ANA Leadership Institute http://ana-capella-webinars.eventbrite.com/
The NAC greatly appreciates donations in the past month from:
- Jean Farnam- Omaha $30
- Steph Burge – Kearney $100
- Methodist Hospital $1000
Attention young nurses and all nurses who think young: The Center to Champion Nursing in America (CCNA), a partnership of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) and AARP is seeking volunteers to serve as a Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action Online Community Leader. If you use social media this is your chance to spread the word about our work. We’re looking for volunteers to represent our Action Coalition by posting two times per week in the community. In time, your support will turn the site into a daily destination for the latest campaign information and elevate our state’s work to the national level. Interact by going to www.campaignforaction.org by posting on the community link, answering questions from other nurses from across the country, uploading video to share your vision of a transformed health care system. If you are interested in becoming an Action Coalition Online Community Leader, you will contribute greatly to our overall success. For more on this opportunity, contact Colleen Krepstekies at email@example.com Here is how you can help:
- Contribute twice a week on our state’s issue related to nursing practice, leadership, interprofessional collaboration, diversity, and data
- Share our website http://www.neactioncoalition.org & find team updates, events, vision/statements, links to other nursing organizations and the weekly Campaign for Action newsletter. Our website is interactive. Register as a user and comment away!!!
- Like us on FB – Nebraska Action Coalition-Future of Nursing, Twitter – NAC4Nursing
The Executive Committee of the NAC and I wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving!