Hope you all had a fun 4th!
Happenings since June 20th update:
1. Data received from Grand Island CCC PN program
2. Need list for NANDD to send out Save the Date for reception/summit on Sept. 13 & 14th. Virginia may be on vacation. Please send if you have a list.
3. Hotel link for upcoming Summit-https://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/O/OMADNHX-LES-20120913/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG free shuttle to and from meeting as well as breakfast. Rooms are big – great for sharing! Room block expires Aug 17th.
4. New funding from Equitable Bank of Grand Island $750 and Great Plains Regional Medical Center of North Platte (pledge of $2,500). Please say thanks if you live in these communities.
5. Donation page up on website www.neactioncoalition.org with link to Pay Pal via VNA’s account. Fiscal year ends July, 31. Goal 100K, raised 51.5K, counting in-kind approximately 91.5K
6. Please work within your team to complete 3 action items with timeline so that we are prepared to put together a strong Strategic Plan at our July Executive Committee meeting
7. CEU process for Summit being taken care of by L. Lazure and Creighton. Quite a gift. Please extend your thanks!
8. Midwest Regional Action Coalition Education Webinar on July 11th from 3:30-4:30 p.m. EDT (2:30-3:30 Central Daylight Time, 1:30-2:30 Mountain Daylight Time). This meeting is important for those who participated in the APIN grant
o Register here to attend: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SGL6K9G. Login information will be provided after registration.
The RFP was released on July 2 for The Future of Nursing: State Implementation Program (SIP). SIP will fund up to 30 State Action Coalitions (ACs) implementing one or two priority recommendation(s) or themes (e.g. interprofessional collaboration) from the Institute of Medicine report, The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health. SIP will provide grants of up to $150,000 each over two years and will require ACs to secure matching funds, to sustain efforts over the long term.
There will be an applicant webinar to explain more about this funding opportunity on July 24 from 3-4p EDT. Registration is required, so mark your calendars. You can register here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MV98YB9.
Many thanks for your commitment to the Education Team!